A Project is composed of Subjects which are made of Skills and a single skill defines a training unit within the gamification framework. Subjects are a way to group and organize skill definitions within a gameified training profile.
Subjects offer the following features:
- Skills - create and manage Skill definitions.
- Levels Model - Subject specific level model definition so users are awarded subject level achievements.
- Icons - assign subject specific icon based on fontawesome or material icon sets or use a custom icon.
- Stats - Subject specific charts and graph and user stats.
To create a Subject navigate to
Project -> Subjects and then click the
Subject + button.
|Subject Name||Display name of the subject|
|Subject ID||The subject ID|
|Description||(Optional) Description, can be used to describe the topic of the subject. The Description property supports markdown.|
|Help URL/Path||(Optional) URL pointing to a help article further documenting information about this subject. Please note that this property works in conjunction with the Root Help Url project setting|
To navigate to a specific skill you can drill down into a subject card or use the
Search and Navigate directly to a skill component
# Best practices
- Do your best to create subjects in multiples of 3. On a larger screen, the Skills Display renders up-to 3 subjects per row so 3, 6, 9, 12, etc., will look the best.
- Use the same icon style/set for all subjects. We support font awesome, material and custom icons
- Strive for each subject to have a similar number of points. The
Project -> Subjectspage shows subject cards and each card exposes the
Points %which reflects the subject's percentage of the total available Project points.